Authentication and Security Labels
Brand Protection and Track and Trace
Trade in counterfeit and pirated goods has grown worldwide from $200 billion in 2005 to $509 billion in 2016. This figure is expected to reach $1.2 trillion by 2022.
Most people think that counterfeit products only affect a company through lost sales revenue. In reality, the cost is much higher. According to an Associated Press report, Los Angeles police seized $700,000 worth of counterfeit cosmetics from vendors in the downtown fashion district, which tested positive for bacteria, lead, and traces of animal feces. Users of the products complained of rashes and other skin irritations from using the knockoff mascaras, lipsticks and eye shadows.
Counterfeit automobile brakes have been linked to car and bus accidents leading to death. Counterfeit aircraft components have been linked to crashes and accidents.
In addition to the health risks, companies also loose billions of dollars a year due to:
- Rapidly eroding brand perception in the marketplace if consumers are disappointed with an unwittingly purchased counterfeit product
- Expensive and reputation-damaging product recalls and liability claims from consumers using counterfeit products
- Consumers that avoid a brand for two years after a bad experience, and 45% of them share bad experiences on social media
Security Printing Services From an Experienced Team
Since early 2000, we have been providing Security Printing and Brand Protection options for our clients. Adcraft Labels has invested time and resources in research and development to develop a full portfolio of secure printing options, some of which are proprietary and patented, to help our clients defend their brand.
- Overt: visual security features such as holograms, color shifting, and reactive inks.
- Covert: security features such as IR Taggants and Micro/Nano markers that are hidden and hard to detect unless using specialized equipment.
- Forensic: similar to DNA and can stand up in a court of law.
- Track and Trace: devices used to follow a product and determine who handles it globally.
- Layered Security: using several types of security features in concert giving a brand multiple ways to validate authenticity and defend against counterfeits.
Having the right tools in the hands of your team and consumers is critical to a successful defense. Adcraft Labels offers a full line of testing devices, interface software, and smartphones apps.
Adcraft Labels’ technical team will work with you to analyze your situation and help develop a custom solution for your needs. You can rest assured that your solution will be kept private and a tight chain of custody will be held for your product. For more information about security printing and our range of other services, please email us or call 1-800-892-1051.